According to the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “About national registers of identification numbers”, individual identification numbers – IIN are introduced from 1 January 2013. Each citizen of the Republic of Kazakhstan shall have IIN. IIN is applied for all operations of individuals such as:
- registration of acts of a civil status;
- issue of identification documents;
- state registration of movable and immovable property;
- issue of documents of licensing and registration nature;
- conducting statistical registers and information systems;
- payments and money transfers, including obligatory pension contributions and social assessments, pension payments and benefits, execution of tax liabilities, etc.
Document with IIN is necessary for assigning pensions and benefits. In this regard, it is necessary to have the document with individual identification number when appealing for assigning social payments to offices of the State center for pension payments.
Documents with individual identification number are (article 9 of the Law):
- birth certificate;
- ID card (passport of a citizen of the Republic of Kazakhstan; identity card; residence permit of a foreigner in the Republic of Kazakhstan; ID card of a person without citizenship);
- registration certificate for foreigners and persons without citizenship if there is no ID document of the Republic of Kazakhstan.