Information on social and labor sphere according to the results of 10 months of 2013
Labor market and employment
On the course of implementation of the Employment Road Map 2020 program
In pursuance of the order of the Head of State, government resolution No. 636 dated 19 June 2013 approved the Employment Road Map 2020 (hereinafter referred as the ERM - 2020) which is the logical continuation of implementation of road maps 2009 and 2010 and the Employment 2020 program.
Again accepted Program includes mechanisms of anti crisis reaction, increase of effectiveness of regulation of labor market, including forecasting and monitoring of labor market, involvement of underprovided, unemployed and self-employed population in active measures of assistance to employment.
Program is implemented in the following directions:
1. To ensure employment through infrastructure and housing and utilities development.
2. To create workplaces through the development of entrepreneurship and development of supporting villages.
3. To assist in employment through training and resettlement within needs of an employer.
According to data of local executive bodies, social contracts have been signed with 94.6 thousand people willing to take part in the Program among which share of the unemployed makes up 59.6 thousand people (63.0%), self-employed – 28.5 thousand people (30.1%), underprovided – 5.6 thousand people (5.9%) and 899 people (0.9%) are partially employed hired workers. In addition, share of youth under 29 makes up 53.8%, share of women – 48.2%.
In the current year, disabled people (1045), pupils of orphanages (163 orphan children) and persons occupied in hard work, industries with harmful (especially) and (or) dangerous working conditions (1686 receivers of state special payments) became participants of the Program.
Within the first direction of the Program, it is provided to implement 1 740 projects, and it is scheduled to create 23.3 thousand workplaces in 2013.
As of 1 November 2013, 19 174 people have been employed on created workplaces, among them, 10 427 people are participants of the Program or 54.4% are employed. As of the reporting date, 922 projects have been implemented.
Within the second direction, 8 841 persons have trained to basics of entrepreneurship. Microcredit was issued to 8 559 people and among them, 5 962 persons set up own business.
In the third direction of the Program, vocational education involved 48 280 people.
As of 1 November 2013, 19 342 people completed training, among them, 13 042 have been employed. 23 142 people have been employed on social workplaces. Average volume of monthly paid salary made up 45.7 thousand KZT. 21 884 people have been referred to youth practice.
Increase of mobility of labor resources within the need of employer
As of 1 November 2013, 960 houses (3 408 apartment) has been built. Participants of the Program and their family members moved to 912 houses (3 150 apartments) or 95% of put into operation. As of today, construction of 262 houses (1 279 apartments) is proceeding and it is scheduled to build 94 houses (213 apartments) by the end of the current year.
It is provided to allocate 104.9 billion KZT for implementation of directions of the Employment Road Map in 2013.
Situation in labor market
According to the RK Agency on Statistics, unemployment rate in the country made up 5.2% in Q3 2013 (Q3 2012 - 5.2%). Number of the employed respectively increased from 8 540.3 thousand to 8 607.7 thousand people. Share of the self-employed as a part of employed population decreased from 31.6% to 30.5%.
Implementation of programs of youth practice and social workplaces helped to prevent growth of youth unemployment. Its indicator accounted for 3.9% in Q3 2013.
Regulation of migration processes (under competence of the Ministry)
Attraction of foreign experts to Kazakhstan economy remains one of the important issues of state policy in the field of labor migration.
According to the reporting data of local executive bodies, as of 1 October 2013, the number of employers attracting foreign labor force (hereinafter referred as FLF), made up 3 032. Thus, these organizations workers are 398.1 thousand citizens of Kazakhstan and 24.9 thousand or 5.9% is foreign citizens (6.2% in the same period of 2012).
In order to protect internal labor market, Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan set annual quota on attracting foreign experts to the republic. In 2013, quota was set in the amount of 108.1 thousand units or 1.2% to economically active population of the republic.
In questions of attracting FLF, the priority is given to highly qualified workers. As of 1 October 2013, there is permission to involve 24 938 foreign workers. In total, from the beginning of year employers of the republic received 19 884 permissions to attract foreign labor force, among them 17 755 are workers of I-III category.
64.5% of total number of FLF in the current year was attracted for work in construction and mining industry.
China (24.2%) and Turkey (14.6%) continue to remain the main countries of outcome of labor migrants.
Enterprises attracting foreign labor force created 16 417 additional workplaces for citizens of Kazakhstan, 3 640 people were retrained, 11 604 local workers took professional development and 2 254 workers of Kazakhstan had vocational training in the current year within execution of special terms set while giving out permissions.
The policy is conducted to substitute foreign workers by citizens of Kazakhstan, so from the beginning of the year, 278 foreign experts have been replaced with Kazakhstan personnel.
Resettlement of returnees. From 1991 to 1 October 2013, 250 803 families or 933 386 ethnic Kazakhs returned to historic homeland and received the status of returnees, including 10 219 families or 21 949 ethnic Kazakhs within 9 months of 2013. Persons of able-bodied age make up 55.2% persons, children under 18 – 40.3% and pensioners – 4.5%.
In order to enhance labor relations, in 2012, the following actions were accepted and continued to be implemented:
- Comprehensive plan of preventing social tension and solving social and labor conflicts (RGRK No. 1295 dated 12 December 2012 confidential) (hereinafter referred as the Plan). In the scope of the Plan, criteria and system of indexes have been developed at the present, allowing to define the level of tension in labor collectives;
- Actions plan on organizing legal general compulsory education of citizens to basics of labor legislation in the Republic of Kazakhstan, 2013-2015, which provides complex of actions for education, training of labor personnel of organizations to basics of labor legislation, regulation of labor conflicts and skills for negotiating to achieve consensus. (RGRK No. 1581 dated 13 December 2012);
- Joint plan of work on elimination of the worst forms of child labor, 2012-2014.
Measures for the development of the system of social partnership have been taken in order to regulate labor relations and protect labor rights of citizens. Trilateral commissions operate on all levels, General agreement for 2012-2014, 22 branch and more than 200 regional agreements (on the level of region, city, and district) have been concluded.
As of 1 November 2013, the system of collective agreements covered 58.4 thousand enterprises, or 35.7% of number of operating enterprises. Here, 87.7% of large and medium enterprises have collective contracts.
There is the work on improving conditions of industries (introducing of risk evaluation system, international standards on labor security and protection, certification of enterprises).
As of 1 November 2013, 1 596 persons (in the same period of 2012 with 1781 victims) suffered at enterprises. Thus the number of the dead due to industrial injuries with fatal outcome made up 232 people, 217 persons in the same period of 2012.
The ministry carries out weekly monitoring of debt on salary and with Prosecutor General's Office, regional anti crisis staffs take measures to discharge it. In comparison with the similar period of last year, that decreased from 1.1 billion KZT to 1.0 billion KZT.
Control for following the labor legislation is exercised on the basis of the risks evaluation system (RES), introduced from the beginning of 2010.
As of 1 November 2013, state labor inspectors conducted 11 064 inspections and revealed more than 29.6 thousand violations of the labor legislation.
According to the results of revealed violations, state labor inspectors imposed more than 8.7 thousand penalties in total amount of 387.6 million KZT (as of 1 November 2012 – 396.2 million KZT) on legal entities and officials of the organizations.
Increase of welfare rate
The policy of income and organization of social security of population is of great importance in implementing social warranties fixed in the Constitution of the country.
Remuneration. Since 1 January 2013, minimum size of salary (MSS) is set in the amount of 18 660 KZT, growth made up 7% in relation to 2012 with 17 439 KZT.
The level of remuneration is increasing. Average monthly nominal salary of one worker by types of economic activity for January-September 2013 accounted for 106 225 KZT and grew by 7.1% in comparison with the same period of 2012. Real wage index for January-September 2013 made up 100.9% to the same period of 2012.
Social security and social insurance
At the present day, the multiple model of the system of social security is held in the country, mainly corresponding to the principles of market economy and providing distribution of responsibility for social security between the state, employer and worker on basic, mandatory solidarity based and voluntary levels.
Solidarity based pension system
Since 1 January 2013, pension payments have been increased by 9%.
The amount of basic pension payment makes up 9 330 KZT. Taking into account basic pension payment, the minimum amount of pension payment made up 28 396 KZT, maximum amount made up 59 962 KZT in 2013. Average amount is 41 583 KZT.
As of 1 November 2013, the number of receivers of pension payments made up over 1.8 million persons.
On 1 January 2014 and since that time, the amount of all pension payments will be increased by 9 percent, the amount of basic pension payment will make up 9 983 KZT, minimum pension (for assigned in 2014) – 20 782 KZT.
Maximum income, considered for calculation of the volume of again assigned pensions, will make up 72 228 KZT (39 MCI) in 2014, maximum amount of again assigned pensions from 1 January 2014 – 54 171 KZT (75% of 39 MCI).
It is provided to allocate funds for these purposes from the republican budget.
Accumulative pension system
At the present day, 8 accumulative pension funds operate in the market of pension services of the republic.
As of 1 October 2013, volume of pension accumulation made up about 3.5 trillion KZT. The number of personal pension accounts at the expense of obligatory pension contributions made up 8.5 million units.
7.1 thousand receivers with total amount of 20.7 billion KZT made transfers of pension savings of receivers to insurance companies according to the contract of pension annuity from the beginning of year.
Volume of state warranties on safety of obligatory pension contributions, taking into account the rate of inflation, made up 4.9 billion KZT, as of 1 October 2013.
As of 1 November 2013, there are 37.5 thousand receivers of state special payments in the republic, according to lists No. 1 and No. 2. In 2013, volume of benefits made up 15 579 KZT and 13 848 KZT respectively. 5.8 billion KZT was allocated for payment.
In 2013, volume of state social benefits (SSB) increased by 7 percent. As of 1 November 2013, in total, there are 648.7 thousand SSB receivers in the country, including disabled people – 480.4 thousand people, families without supporter – 157.8 thousand persons, older people – 10.5 thousand people. SSB average size, as of 1 November 2013, made up 18 933 KZT on disability, 18 309 KZT on loss of supporter, 9 330 KZT - on old age.
Within 9 months 2013, 462 thousand people have been paid social payments in the amount of 66.9 billion KZT that is by 5.4% more than for the same period in 2012.
With introducing obligatory social insurance in 2005, workers of formal sector acquired additional form of social protection if there were 5 social risks.
The average amount of social payment on working ability loss for 9 months of the current year makes up 8191 KZT from SFSI, due to loss of the supporter – 10833 KZT.
Social support of maternity and childhood
According to the legislation, families with children are paid 4 types of state payments.
As of 1 November 2013, the following measures of support to families with children have been taken:
- birth allowance (irrespectively the income) was paid for 3 183 thousand people that is 1.4% less than the same period in 2012. Expenditure on allowances accounted for 17.9 billion KZT;
- child care allowance under one year old (irrespectively the income) covered in average 153.6 thousand people that is 3.9% higher than in the same period of last year. Thus expenditure for allowances accounted for 22.5 billion KZT;
- child allowance under 18 year old from underprovided families, as of 1 November of the current year, involved 554.8 thousand children that is less than the same index of last year by 6.5%, and the amount of assignments made up 7.0 billion KZT;
- benefit to persons bringing up disabled child (irrespectively income) was paid on the average for 61.4 thousand people in the total amount of 11.9 billion KZT.
Social support to vulnerable categories of the population
The population share with income below the PL in Q2 2013 made up 3.2% (city – 1.3%, rural areas – 5.5%) and decreased in comparison with the same period of 2012 by 0.9 percentage points (4.1%).
Special state payment
As of 1 November 2013, special state payment involved on the average 1 298.0 thousand people that in comparison with the same period of last year is more by 0.7%.
Target social relief (TSR)
As of 1 November 2013, TSR is assigned for 58.8 thousand to citizens with income below the poverty line. The amount of assignments for this period made up 1155.4 million KZT.
In Q2 2013, housing relief is assigned for 108.1 thousand families, that is by 2.4% more in comparison with 1 November 2012. The amount of assignments made up 2.1 billion KZT. The average size of housing relief made up 2138.4 KZT.
Provision of special social services
According to the RK Law “On Special Social Services”, modernization of the system of social service is carried out, and standards of special social service provision are implemented gradually.
The volume of expenses for 2009-2012 on the implementation of the 1 stage of reform made up more than 19.2 billion KZT from the republican budget.
As of the beginning of the year, the system of social service involved:
– over 20 thousand older and disabled people, including disabled children in 103 stationary medical and social institutions;
– 8 thousand people in 51 semi stationary institutions;
– 52.8 thousand people in 506 departments of social service at home for older and disabled people, including disabled children;
– 5.4 thousand people at 22 centers of social adaptation for the persons without certain residence.
In 2012, social order on provision of special social services was implemented in 12 regions among 47 NGO with involving more than 2.7 thousand persons.
2383.2 million KZT was allocated for the implementation of Standards from the republican budget in 2013, including for:
- introducing standards in medical and social institutions – 1308.3 KZT;
- placing state social order among NGO – 653.4 thousand KZT;
- developing the network of daytime departments – 421.5 million KZT
Social protection of disabled people
At the present time, there is the work on creation of conditions to ratification of the UN Convention on the rights of persons with disabilities. Implementation of the first stage (2012-2013) of the Actions Plan to support the rights and improve the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2012-2018, as approved by the RK government resolution dated 16 January 2012. No. 64, is close to be completed:
1) Work on the development of project of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On amendments and additions to some acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan concerning protection of the rights of persons with disabilities” (hereinafter referred as the law) has been launched. The concept of the law has been considered and approved by Interdepartmental Commission on questions of lawmaking activities under the RK Government.
2) There is an assessment of the status of accessibility of objects and services in the main spheres of activity of disabled people by certification of objects of social and transport infrastructure. For the first half of the current year, inventory of 16.5 thousand objects was carried out and among them 12.7 thousand objects have been defined as needing adaptation. Also, the Ministry sent to local executive bodies:
- developed Methodological recommendations on holding certification of objects of social infrastructure;
- 250 collections of regulatory and legal acts and state standards on the questions of ensuring accessibility of objects in the main spheres of activity of disabled people with UNDP support in the scope of joint project.
3) System and purposeful work on forming positive attitude of society towards disability problems has been bulit:
- development of special heading “Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities” on Internet resource is carried out;
- Media plan for 2013,adopted by joint order of the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of Population and Ministry of Culture and Information, is being implemented. As a result of its implementation, 1 626 photo reports, articles were placed in mass media, 218 videos on TV channels, 311 performances on television, 529 round tables, seminars took place, 346 publications were placed on web sites.
Results of implementation of the first stage of the Actions Plan are heard at the session of Coordination Council in the field of social protection of disabled people on 24 May of the current year and at the session of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan on 28 May of the current year.
From 7 June to 25 October of the current year, the republican competition “Different – Equal” was launched in all regions of the country and involved about 6 thousand persons.
Physically challenged people from 6 till 45 years old, youth public associations and organizations created by disabled people became participants of the program and took part in 10 nominations.
Final round took place on 23 - 24 October of the current year in Astana and on 25 October 2013, there was gala concert with rewarding of winners.
Republican conference “Exhibition of best social projects implemented in Kazakhstan” took place on 25 October where representatives of 17 regional non-governmental organizations, recommended by regional akimats, of Almaty and Astana, presented best social projects in front of wide audience. Conference participants: representatives of the Administration of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, deputies of Senate and Majilis of the Republic of Kazakhstan, representatives of Civil Alliance, social partners, international organizations highly appreciated activities of non-governmental sector in questions of social protection of underprovided categories of population and solidly recognized social significance of projects. So, JSC National Welfare Fund Samruk-Kazyna supported 7 projects, financial support of other projects is being considered.