On December 25, 2014 the extended meeting of the Republican Tripartite Commission for Social Partnership and Regulation of Social and Labor Relations was held in the Government of RoK, during which the General Agreement between the Government of RoK, republican associations of employees and employers for 2015-2017 was signed.
The following social partners participated in developing the agreement - Federation of Trade Unions, Confederation of Labor of Kazakhstan, Confederation of Free Trade Unions of Kazakhstan, National Chamber of Entrepreneurs and sectoral employer associations (hereinafter - parties).
The General Agreement contains a number of joint actions of parties on conducting the agreed socio-economic policy in RoK on 2015-2017 and their correlation in ensuring decent working conditions for staff. New General Agreement has been developed taking into account modifications and amendments adopted in 2014 to labor law of RoK and legislation on trade unions, and it is compulsory for execution by all executive authorities at all levels, as well as employers, employees and their representatives.
The General Agreement will become the main document of social partnership that establishes the priority areas in the following fields of joint activities of the Parties: employment of population; enhancing labor productivity; social welfare and development of social partnership. The following areas were identified as priorities in the specified fields of activity.
In employment and upgrading of labor resources:
- National Qualification System development (elaboration of professional and educational standards; modernization of Unified tariff-qualification handbook; creation of staff certification system);
- education and training of staff (including: development of training and retraining programs; dual learning development; retraining and professional development for persons over the age of 50);
- organizing subsidies of works in operation and providing specified targeted social assistance to unemployed among financially disadvantaged citizens.
In enhancing labor productivity:
- work standardization issues (elaboration of typical norms and regulations regarding labor and ensuring their implementation);
- security and occupational safety issues (creation of commissions on security and occupational safety as on enterprises so at sectoral and regional levels; emerging role of social inspectors on occupational safety; implementation of professional risks management system);
- remuneration issues (elaboration of unified method for valuation of minimum wage standard, and uniform principles of remuneration system in economic sectors; development of supplementary benefits system for employees working under hazardous labor conditions; implementation of the new model of remuneration for civil servants).
In social welfare:
- increase in the number of people covered by pension system, social insurance and insurance against industrial accidents;
- development and adoption of policies on protection of life and health of employees, including prevention eforts, measures of early detection of professional diseases;
- the issues regarding covering the difference at payment of maternity leave to women having incomes over 10 MW.
In social partnership development a range of joint actions is planned, including:
- participation of social partners in the consideration of bills concerning social and labor relations;
- implementation of measures to prevent social and labor conflicts and strikes; and improvement of occupational safety conditions, industrial and environmental safety, etc.