Today at plenary meeting of the Senate of Parliament of RK deputies of chamber adopted the RK Law "On Introduction of Amendments and Additions Some Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan concerning Social Protection of the Population" in two readings.
This Law has been developed in the framework of the implementation of 84 step of the National Plan - 100 specific measures on implementation of five institutional reforms, announced by the Head of the State on expanded meeting of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan May 5, 2015.
The law provides:
1. Introduction since January 1, 2018 of a new order of rendering the targeted social assistance (hereinafter - TSA) for families with income below 50% of the minimum subsistence level (today – 40%) for each family member, with a condition of mandatory participation of able-bodied family members in active measures of assistance of employment which will be provided instead of current:
- Special State benefits (hereinafter - SSB) to large families;
- State child allowances of up to 18 for low-income families;
- targeted social assistance provided to low-income households.
TSA in a new format will be classified in 2 types: the unconditional and stated allowance.
The unconditional allowance will be provided to those families which have no able-bodied members (for example, families of disabled people or elderly pensioners), or families which able-bodied members for the objective reasons cannot participate in employment assistance measures (for example, lonely mother with children of preschool age). For such families obligatory participation in employment measures for receiving a benefit is not required.
Stated allowance will be provided to the families with at least one working member, subject to the conclusion of the social contract and the mandatory participation of all able-bodied family members in employment assistance measures.
Signing the social contract, the parties assume mutual obligations: social services undertake measures for assistance of employment and pay a benefit, and able-bodied family members – honestly participate in employment assistance measures.
People not just provided by the cash assistance, but help him to find a job, send to various courses of retraining and professional development. Thus, family potential for an exit poverty is stimulated.
2. Transformation since January 1, 2018 of SSB which provides:
- preservation of special state benefits to such categories of citizens as participants and disabled veterans of the Great Patriotic War, elderly person, home front workers, etc. (total 14 categories of citizens);
- join of special state benefits for disabled people with the welfare social benefit on disability. It will allow simplifying procedure of registration of a benefit. Adoption of these measures does not jeopardize the rights of persons with disabilities, because the size of payments received will not decrease (state disability pensions will be increased by the sum of nowadays received SSB);
- transformation of special state benefits for mothers having many children awarded by pendants "Altyn alka”, "Кumis alka" or previously received a rank of "Mother heroine", awarded by the awards "Maternal Glory" of the I and II degrees in an allowance for mothers having many children which granting will be regulated by the Law "On Welfare Payments to the Families Having Children".
The law makes changes to the Budget Code and 7 laws ("On the State Awards of the Republic of Kazakhstan" of December 12, 1995; "On the welfare social benefits on disability, survivor's pension and on age in the Republic of Kazakhstan" of June 16, 1997; "On special welfare payment in the Republic of Kazakhstan" of April 5, 1999; "On the targeted social assistance" of July 17, 2001; "On employment of the population" of July 17, 2001; "On welfare payments to the families having children" of June 28, 2005; "On enforcement proceeding and the status of enforcement agents " of April 2, 2010).
Implementation of the Law will demand additional resources from the republican budget in 2018 in the sum of 11,8 billion tenge.