As of October 28 of the current year in Kazakhstan within campaign for additional immunization against measles of teenagers at the age of 15-19 years 309 thousand 453 people or 97,1% of total number of target group (318 thousand 724 teenagers) are covered by vaccination.
World Health Organization recommends covering by vaccination not less than 95%.
By today's date 13 regions have completed the campaign for additional immunization against measles, including the 100% coverage in Aktyubinsk, West Kazakhstan, East Kazakhstan, Karaganda and Kyzylorda oblasts, 95-97% coverage in Zhambyl, Pavlodar, North Kazakhstan, Kostanai, Akmola, Atyrau oblasts and Astana and Almaty.
Currently "clean-up" immunization against measles, i.e. vaccination of the persons with temporary medical exemption is under completion in Almaty, Mangistau and South-Kazakhstan oblasts.
Among the vaccinated persons there were no cases with adverse manifestations registered after immunization.
Let us remind, in Kazakhstan since October 1, 2015 the campaign for additional immunization against measles of teenagers at the age of 15-19 years was renewed.
To ensure safe additional immunization of population the Ministry of healthcare and social development of the RK has conducted the following measures:
- in each region the headquarters are created under the chairmanship of the supervising deputy akims of oblasts, Almaty and Astana;
- contingent of persons subject to vaccination is identified with taking into consideration their health state;
- vaccination teams from among the medical workers are formed and trained;
- vaccination rooms in schools and colleges, as well as healthcare organizations are prepared to conform to sanitary epidemiologic requirements;
- information and explanatory work was carried out among target group, parents, teachers and public.
Ministry executes daily monitoring of the immunization campaign under conducting.