to the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated December 3, 2015
"On amendments and additions to some legislative acts of the
Republic of Kazakhstan on Protection of the Disabled People’s Rights"
On December 3 of the current year the Head of State signed the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On amendments and additions to some legislative acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Protection of the Disabled People’s Rights".
This Law is developed in implementation of the Law "On Ratification of the Convention on the Rights of Disabled People" signed by the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan on February 20 of the current year.
In order to improve the system of social protection of disabled people, increase of effectiveness of rendering of services in the sphere of rehabilitation of disabled people, acceptances of suitable measures for ensuring access of disabled people to work, a physical environment, including to transport, information and communication, taking into account their specific needs to the objects and services opened and provided to all population, the Law amends 24 acts, including 3 Codes.
The law provides:
1. Ensuring availability of social and transport infrastructure:
- creation of the barrier-free environment at stations and airports;
- equipment of trains by the cars accessible to disabled people;
- training of transport workers by communication skills and rendering of services to disabled people, including training in sign language;
- selection at the airports, stations, objects of socio-cultural sphere, as well as on squares, avenues, streets, blocks free parking spaces for the parking of special vehicles of disabled people which should not occupy other vehicles, etc.
2. Improvement of social services (health care, education and social protection):
- ensuring availability of a medical care and medical rehabilitation of disabled people;
- improvement of medico-social examination;
- inclusion in a duty of health care institutions work on prophylaxis;
- increase in services of sign language experts for people with hearing impairments;
- development of educational standards taking into account inclusive education;
- ensuring access of disabled children to inclusive education;
- implementation of teaching and educational process at all levels of education systems with respect for the rights of disabled people, etc.
3. Availability of information and housing:
- creation of access of disabled people to necessary information in places of rendering of services, as well as on TV and radio broadcasting;
- provision of public services in an accessible form;
- training of the state services workers to skills of communication with disabled people;
- provision of housing not above the second floor of disabled people with musculoskeletal disorders;
- inclusion of the third group disabled people in the list of persons who cannot be moved from the official dwelling without granting other dwelling, suitable for accommodation;
- preservation of the right for housing in case of temporary residence of the disabled person in medico-social establishment.
4. Improvement of legal aid:
- granting a draft exemption for the single male child in a family with disabled person;
- providing disabled people with means of rehabilitation during enduring the punishment;
- carrying out legal consultation by the lawyer in a place of stay of the disabled person, etc.
The law promotes improvement of the rights for more than 600 thousand disabled people.
Ministry of Health and Social Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan