Today Minister of healthcare and social development of the RK Tamara Duisenova introduced in the Senate of the Parliament project of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "About employment of population".
"This bill is developed in the framework of the Plan of nation - 100 concrete steps on implementation of five institutional reforms of the Head of state and aimed at formation of flexible labour market providing a possibility of long-term restructuring and increase of efficiency of economy. During its preparation the fundamental principles of the International Labour Organization are taken into consideration, as well as experience of countries belonging to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development and Commonwealth of independent states are studied," reported Tamara Duisenova.
It is provided by the bill:
1. A transition to international standards of measurement of indicators of labour market which will give opportunity:
- harmonize our statistical data with international standards;
- specify the number of self-employed citizens, at the necessity to render assistance to them to formalization of your activity;
- specify the number of persons occupied with production for the own consumption and deliver targeted state support to them depending on the status stated by them.
2. Change of a procedure of assignment of the status of an unemployed with reinforcement of his responsibility. The status of a person looking for a job is given to the natural person who addressed to the center of employment of population for promotion in job placement in the beginning. For 10 days assistance in search of a suitable job in vacancies available in the market will be rendered to the person looking for a job. If during this time the suitable job is not found, the status of an unemployed is assigned to the person, the job seeker is directed for participation in active measures of promotion of employment and assign the participant of a social insurance system of social payment on a case of job losing.
Usage of the individual job placement map which is disseminated in many European countries and member countries of OECD will be developed by the center of employment of population for an unemployed.
3. Increase of terms of welfare benefits from 4 to 6 months at the mass, in other words, bankruptcy liberalization of workers, or during the discontinuation of the activity of an enterprise, reduction of a number or staff, at the dismissal on the economic grounds in a compliance with the new Labour Code in case of a job losing.
As for the persons of which behind which the payments to the State fund of social insurance and for persons were being transferred payments are absent additionally to these measures, provide: Provision of a free advice and vocational guidance; Directing for training with full recovery of costs for educational services, repayment of a scholarship, and a financial aid including compensation of expense for residence and passage; the sending up to 6 months for youth practice with full subsidizing of remuneration of labour at the expense of means of budget; job placement to social jobs with subsidizing till 1 year of the wage of up to 35 % of amount of remuneration of labour established by an employer (but minimum wage not below); delivery of a targeted social aid if income of a person or per each family member does not exceed established amount of the poverty line; transfer of contributions to the system of social mandatory health insurance at the expense of the state.
For receipt of presented kinds of social support between unemployed and job centers the social contract where the state is assuming an obligation to provide social support and direct for participation in programs of promotion of employment and the unemployed – receiving a profession will be made, he will participate in youth practice, it will work at social works, etc.
The targeted social aid will be paid only during participation in active measures of promotion of employment.
4. Definition for each type of active measures of employment promotions of priority category of persons. At the same time the bill envisages delivery of separate types of active measures to students and pupils of a senior school during a summer vacation, as well as to employees in time of enterprise idleness for the reasons of the bankruptcy, or discontinuation of the activity of an enterprise, reduction of a number or staff, dismissal on the economic grounds.
5. Equalization of regional differences in the job market. A new measure making more active a voluntary relocation for job placement of persons from towns with low potential of socio-economic development to towns with high potential with consideration for an employer's requirement, as well as to regions defined by the Government of RK in the framework of a regional quota of admission of settlers in accordance with the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "About migration of population" is provided for.
6. For duplication function's exclusion of centers of population employment and employment development and social programs all the authorities on dispatch of citizens for active measures of promotion of employment, inter alia, for public works, are transferred to centers of employment of population. Their activity will be built on the principle «of one window» by the analogy with CPC and aimed at spending of active interaction with employers, private employment agencies.
Expansion of possibilities of private employment agencies is also provided by the bill. They will be able to participate in contests in career counseling passing among persons looking up for job and/or unemployed.
Passing of a bill will not entail negative socio-economic costs of even financial implications from the state budget.