Today, in Kazakhstan has launched campaign "Go to the people!" organized by the Ministry of Healthcare and Social Development of the RK (further – MHSD of RK) with the aim of raising public awareness about government measures to ensure the rights and improve the situation of persons with disabilities and in need of special social services.
For three months (until September 15) the staff of the departments of coordination of employment and social programs of regions, district (city) departments of employment and social programs will hold meetings with labor collectives of enterprises and organizations, which explain to the population the main directions of social protection of persons with disabilities.
Outreach work will be conducted on the following topics:
- measures on improving the rights of persons with disabilities stipulated by the Law of RK "About introduction of amendments and additions to some legislative acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan on protection of rights of persons with disabilities" dated December 3, 2015;
- basic requirements for barrier-free environment for persons with disabilities, the responsibility of relevant state bodies for its absence;
- measures of state support of public associations of disabled people of Kazakhstan and organizations, created by public associations of disabled people of Kazakhstan;
- the procedure for provision of technical auxiliary (compensatory) means and special vehicles;
the order of rendering of the state services afforded by people with disabilities, including composite services;
the procedure for granting of special social services to persons in difficult life situation due to the budget and on a paid basis;
- the calculation procedure on payment of workers of medical and social institutions under the new system of remuneration of civil servants;
- types of social assistance and support, mechanisms of it obtaining;
- measures to promote employment under the program "Road map of employment 2020" and regional comprehensive plans of promotion of employment.
To improve legislation in the field of protecting the rights and improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the Republic of Kazakhstan will also be held a number of meetings, round tables, seminars with the participation of advisers to governors on issues of persons with disabilities, heads of public associations of the disabled and etc.