A A A
Skip to content

You are here

T. Duysenova explained how pensions will be increased and benefits in connection with birth of child in 2017

pensions

Today the Minister of health and social development of Kazakhstan Tamara Duysenova gave clear explanations on the increase of pensions and allowances in connection with child birth in 2017. 

The head of the health Ministry of Kazakhstan has reported that based on calculations performed jointly with the Ministry of Finance of RK, from 1 July 2017 will be increased by 20% as joint and several, and the basic pension.

"The amount of the cumulative pension according to the adopted budget for 2017-2019 years, from January 1, 2017 will be increased to 9% and from 1 July 2017 pursuant to the instructions of the President and by another 11%. For example, if the amount of the cumulative pension in 2016 is 40 000 tenge, from 1 January 2017 subject to increase of 9% will be 43 600 tenge, and from July 1, 2017, subject to increase by another 11% – 48 396 tenge. Thus, in 2017 the amount of the cumulative pension will increase by 20% in comparison with the size of 2016.

As for the basic pension, it is also from 1 January 2017 will be increased to 7% and from 1 July 2017 pursuant to the instructions of the President and by another 13%. For example, this year the basic pension is 11965 tenge as of 1 January 2017, subject to increase by 7% the size is set to 12 802 tenge, and from July 1, 2017, subject to increase by 13% is 14 466 tenge. Thus, the basic pension will increase by 20% in comparison with the size of 2016," - said Tamara Duysenova.  

The Minister also noted that to increase pension of 2.1 million pensioners from the Republican budget will be allocated to 79,8 billion.  

Given the above changes, the minimum pension (including basic pension) will increase from 37 789 tenge in 2016 to 45 711 tenge from 1 July 2017. The average pension (including basic pension) will increase from 55 154 tenge to 66 721 tenge.     

The level of lump sum state benefits in connection with childbirth from January 1, 2017 will be increased to 7% and from 1 July 2017 by another 20%. As a result, in 2017, compared to 2016 growth will reach 27%.

"If in the current year the state allowance for the birth of the first, second and third child is 66 621 tenge, from 1 January 2017, it will be 71 270 tenge, and from July 1 will rise to 86 222 tenge. The state allowance for the birth of the fourth or more children in the current year is 111 035 tenge, and from 1 January 2017 it will rise to 118 thousand tenge, from July 1, 2017 - to be equal to 142 947 tenge," - said Tamara Duysenova. 

For these purposes from the Republican budget next year will be allocated 1.8 billion tenge. 

In General, the above increase of pensions and allowances when clarifying the Republican budget will be additionally provided 81,6 billion. 

Recall, 15 December at a solemn meeting dedicated to the 25th anniversary of independence of Kazakhstan, the Head of state gave instructions to increase the pensions from 1 July 2017 up to 20% compared to their size in 2016, the size of the lump-sum allowance in connection with birth of a child by 20%.

Changed on 26 December, 2016 - 19:21
Achievements over the years of independence of RK
Targeted social assistance
Best social projects implemented in Kazakhstan
The Republican contest «Enbekzholy»
Skills and jobs