In 2016, Aktobe region in the framework of the Regional comprehensive plan to promote employment of measures of state support covered 29 thousand 454 people from among the unemployed (20.6 thousand) and unproductive employees (8.9 thousand persons), representing 67.3% of the total number of the unemployed and unproductive employed persons in the region.
Of them are employed:
- for projects within the public and governmental programs, programs of development of regions - 3 thousand 818 people;
- social workplaces sent 2 thousand 113 people;
- youth practice – 2 thousand 396 people;
- public works - 8 thousand 824 people;
- professional training – 681 people, including 210 people aimed at teaching the basics of entrepreneurship;
- employed without application of measures of state support of 10 thousand 289 people.
- self-employed 266 people.
In addition, 1 67 thousand people received microcredit to open or expand their business.