In 2016, the East Kazakhstan region in the framework of the Regional comprehensive plan to promote employment of measures of state support covered 46 thousand 974 people from among the unemployed (29.6 per thousand), and unproductive employees (17.3 thousand people), which is 80% of the total number of the unemployed and unproductive employed persons in the region.
Of them are employed:
- for projects within the public and governmental programs, programs of development of regions – 8 thousand 925 people;
- social workplaces will receive 1 thousand 363 people;
- youth practice - 1 246 thousand people;
- public works – 9 138 thousand people;
- professional training – 2 thousand 406 people, of which 576 people aimed at teaching the basics of entrepreneurship;
- employed without the use of government support measures - 19 thousand 899 people;
- self-employed - 3 thousand 555 people.
In addition, 442 people received microcredit to open or expand their business.