Today at plenary session of Mazhilis of the Parliament of the RK the deputies of chamber has approved the draft Law of the RK "On Amendments and Additions to Some Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan concerning Protection of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities" in the second reading.
This draft Law is developed in implementation of the Law "On Ratification of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities" signed by the Head of State on Ақпан 20 of the current year.
To improve the system of social protection of the persons with disabilities, increase in efficiency of rendering services in the sphere of rehabilitation of persons with disabilities, taking appropriate measures aimed at providing access of persons with disabilities to labor and physical environment including transport, information and communication, taking into account their special needs to the facilities and services opened and provided to all population, the draft Law has made amendments to 24 acts, including 3 codes.
The draft Law provides for:
1. Ensuring availability of social and transport infrastructure:
- creation of the barrier-free environment at stations and airports;
- equipping the trains by the cars accessible for persons with disabilities;
- training of transport workers in skills of communication and rendering of services to persons with disabilities, including training in sign language;
- allocation of free parking lots at the airports, stations, social and cultural facilities, as well as at squares, avenues, streets, quarters for parking of special vehicles of persons with disabilities which should not be occupied by other vehicles, etc.
2. Improvement of services in the social sphere (healthcare, education and social protection):
- ensuring availability of medical care and medical rehabilitation of persons with disabilities;
- improvement of medico-social examination;
- inclusion in a duty of the healthcare entities the work on prevention;
- increase in services of the sign language specialists for persons with hearing disabilities;
- development of educational standards taking into account the inclusive education;
- ensuring the inclusive education availability for disabled children to;
- implementation of teaching and educational process at all levels of an education system with respect for the rights of persons with disabilities, etc.
3. Availability of information and housing:
- create for the persons with disabilities the access to necessary information in places of service rendering, and also to TV and radio broadcasting;
- providing the state services in an accessible form;
- training of workers in the sphere of rendering the state services in skills of communication with the persons with disabilities;
- provision of the persons with musculoskeletal disorders with housing being not higher than the second floor;
- inclusion of persons with the third group disabilities into the list of persons whose moving from the office dwelling is permitted only upon granting other dwelling suitable for accommodation;
- preservation of the right for housing in case of temporary residence of the person with disabilties in medico-social establishment.
4. Improvement of legal assistance:
- expression of own opinion and obtaining information in sign language, including in court;
- granting the draft exemption for the only male child in a family where there is a person with disabilities;
- providing the persons with disabilities with convalescent facilities for the punishment enduring period;
- carrying out the legal consultation by the lawyer in a place of the person with disabilities stay, etc.
Adoption of the draft Law promotes improvement of the rights of more than 600 thousand persons with disabilities.